Cary, NC – 2013 was a good year for Technology activity in NC and the Triangle. The pages and regular features from Technology Tank that you found most helpful were our Tech Calendar, the listing of Tech Meetup Groups and the monthly lists of Upcoming Tech Events.
The articles of greatest interest were about activities of local ‘civic hacking’ groups, like CityCamp, Code for America, and NC Datapalooza.
Tech Tank Top 10 Articles
Here are the Top 10 Tech Tank articles based on your views:
- Pulse Point for the Triangle – PulsePoint is a 501(c)(3) non-profit foundation based in the San Francisco Bay Area, and brings the promise of higher survival rates from heart emergencies. The Triangle EMS dispatches only need to be hooked in and we will begin to be able to take advantage of this great service. A look at team activity from the 2013 CityCamp NC.
- Google Designates Cary as North Carolina’s 2013 eCity – The eCity Awards recognize the strongest online business community in each state.
- Triangle Ranks High in Tech Start-up Density – A Kauffman study has both Raleigh-Cary and Durham-Chapel Hill in the top 25 Metros for High-Technology Business Formation and Job Creation in the United States.
- DevFestNC 2013 – Nov 2nd – The inaugural event of the Google Developer Group in Research Triangle.
- RGreenway Expands to Include Cary – RGreenway was the winning application developed by a group of civic hackers at the 2012 CityCamp Raleigh. The team has continued to expand the coverage of the RGreenway app by incorporating greenway data from municipalities adjacent to Raleigh.
- Code for America Helps Raleigh – An article about the cooperation of all Triangle Code for America Brigades to assist Raleigh with their Open Data Portal update.
- A Look Inside: Code for America Cary – Review of the happenings in a typical Code for America Brigade meeting.
- Imagine Cary Preview – Cary started their multi-year forward planning effort and we look at some interesting demographic changes over the years.
- NC DataJam Coming April 22 – NC DataJam and NC Datapalooza were the first regional Open Data competition to be held outside the White House.
- Talking Open Data – In preparation for Cary Open Data Day, we have a discussion with Jason Hare, the Raleigh Open Data Manager.
Picture from iabusa under Creative Commons