Raleigh, NC – The Schedule and Keynote for Triangle Open Data Day 2016 (TODD) have been announced:
- TODD Website
- When: Saturday, March 5, 2016 at 8:30 AM – Sunday, March 6, 2016 at 5:00 PM (EST)
- Where: College of Engineering Engineering Building II, NCSU Centennial Campus, 890 Oval Dr, Raleigh, NC 27606
- Why: Help our cities and counties by using open data
- TODD Registration Site
Lori proudly serves as an At-Large Representative for the Town of Cary. She is a technology advocate and a self-professed “gadget-girl,” interested in way too many things. Lori has championed technology adoption in the Town of Cary through the Technology Task Force and the Town’s open data program amongst many others. Currently, Lori works at Cisco Systems, where she creates technology solutions for learning and education, and continues to have a passion for ensuring the safety and security of students and schools. Lori has also served on several non-profit organizations, as a Board member of the National Institute of Urban Search and Rescue and the National Cyber Security Alliance. She also teaches Internet safety classes to parents and kids.
Nicole proudly serves as the Town of Cary’s Chief Information Officer. She is a passionate technology leader with both private and public sector experience. Nicole promotes the value of partnerships and innovative thinkers in government while continuously pursuing new models of civic innovation for collaborative citizen facing projects. Before coming to the Town of Cary, Nicole was responsible for the creation and direction of the award winning Open Data program for the City of Raleigh. Previous to that, Nicole spent 15+ years in the private sector leading both onshore and off-shore development teams.
Triangle Open Data Day Schedule
Saturday, March 5, 2016
- 8:30am Registration, Breakfast, Coffee, etc.
- 9am Kickoff, Keynote, Schedule, Announcements
- 10am Triangle Cities and Counties Present Problems, Datasets and Data Stewards
- 10:30am Break (Coffee refill?)
- 10:40am Sponsor Presentation
- 11am Lightning Talks – Examples of what people are doing with data
- 12:30pm Break (get lunch)
- 12:45pm Wake Tech Business Analytics Student Presentation
- 1:45pm Break
- 2pm Hackathon Starts (See below)
- 2pm Vendor Presentations – How to use their platforms and tools (small conference room)
- 5pm Wrap up the day
Sunday, March 6, 2016
We are looking to help out our cities and counties. Take some data and find an interesting pattern, take a few datasets and find an interesting correlation, benchmark some data between cities and counties, create a data story or create an app. Everyone should be able to participate. At the end, let us know what you did even if you did not find anything interesting as the techniques you used or the problems you encountered may inspire others to new ideas.