Raleigh, NC – The six month long NC Datapalooza competition is coming to a close on September 21, 2015. The competition started on May 16th with a day-long TechJam. Teams from TechJam, teams from CityCamp NC and others entered into the competition. Last week there was a pitch day and 3 teams were selected for a 30 day sprint prior to the final pitch day on September 21st.
NC Datapalooza Finalists
- Open 511 – Automate exchange of road closure information from government (and possibly individual reporters) back to navigation systems such as Waze and Google Maps.
- Bernie Sez – The objective is to create more transparency in our judicial system.
- Points of Note – Building off the CityCamp NC 2015 winning proposal.
Besides seeing the pitches and hearing from distinguished judges and panelists the event will also feature remarks from Rob Burns, CEO of Predictify.me and a Keynote Speaker – Lee Congdon, CIO at Red Hat.
NC Datapalooza Finale Details
- What: Join us on September 21st for the third annual NC DataPalooza Finale!
- Where: Red Hat Annex, 190 East Davie Street, Raleigh, NC 27601
- When: Monday, September 21, 2015 from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM (EDT)
- Why: NC DataPalooza is a regional open-data competition that connects local entrepreneurs with relevant, clean data drawn from national, state, and local resources to develop applications and solutions that catalyze positive community and economic impact.
- NC DataPalooza Website
- NC Datapalooza Final Event Registration
Previous Articles on NC Datapalooza
- NC Datapalooza Kicks Off on May 16
- Q&A: 2014 NC DataPalooza Winners Talk Open Data, Access to Food
- NC DataPalooza: Why Open Data Matters for Entrepreneurs
- Top 3 Teams Selected for NC Datapalooza
- Last Chance to Enter NC DataPalooza
- Health DataJam winners
- NC Datapalooza is Off to a Great Start
- NC Datapalooza Starts April 24
- NC Datapalooza
Disclosure: Tech Tank Managing Partner Ian Henshaw is a member of the NC Datapalooza finalist team, Open511.