Raleigh, NC – We have finalized the schedule for Triangle Open Data Day and are putting much more focus on the hackathon this year as we have mentioned in the past.
Saturday, February 21, 2015
- 8:30 am – Doors Open for Registration
- 9:00 am – Opening and Keynote by Durham CIOs Kerry Goode and Greg Marrow
- 10:00 am – Lightning talks to inform and inspire you for the remainder of the event – More information coming soon.
- 11:30 am (latest) – Hackathon begins – Brainstorm, find a project and/or team, talk to mentors
- 5:00 pm – Doors close for the day
Sunday, February 22, 2015
- 9:00 am – Doors Open, Hackathon continues
- 3:00 pm – Presentations – What did you accomplish?
Do you have trouble finding a topic to work on or a problem to solve? Are you having problems identifying or finding data? Do you need assistance with programming, analysis or visualization tools? Well you are in luck this hackathon since we are going to have lots of mentors to help you. Our mentors are subject matter experts, data gurus and programming wizards! Anyone can chip in their talents to help others out and Mentors can still work on interesting projects during the event.
If you are interested in helping out as a mentor, let us know at the beginning of the event or e-mail Ian Henshaw in advance.
We promise not to blow out the fuses and have coffee ready for when you arrive on Saturday!
This post originally appeared on the Triangle Open Data Day Site