Raleigh, NC – All hands on deck! The Open Data equivalent of a barn raising is about to happen in Raleigh this Thursday, December 5, 2013. The Raleigh Open Data Portal is pending a major revision and things like structure and metadata need to be cleaned up to make this site as useful as possible to citizens and entrepreneurs.
You do not want to miss out on the opportunity of participating in this event of major importance to the Triangle (and NC) where municipalities, civic groups and vendors will be collaborating for social good. No coding skills required. Just mad civic-minded organization skills needed.
Jason Hare, the Open Data Manager for Raleigh, and Reid Serozi, Data Solutions Architect for Socrata, are organizing this event to be held at the new North Carolina Innovation Center. All of the local Code for America Brigades are expected to be participating in this event. (Note: Jason is a Brigade Captain with Code for Morrisville and Reid is a Brigade Captain with Code for Raleigh. Disclosure: I am a Brigade Captain with Code for Cary)
Crowdsourcing Open Raleigh Details
- What: Crowdsourcing Open Raleigh
- Where: North Carolina Innovation Center, 217 West Jones St. Raleigh, NC 27603
- When: Thursday, December 5th starting at 6pm
- Why: Make an impact in the Triangle
- What to bring: Laptop, small extension cord, notebook, markers
- RSVP: Triangle Code for America Meetup Group
Related Blog Posts
- Jason Hare: Raleigh Code for America Brigade: Crowdsourcing Open Raleigh
- Reid Serozi: Phase II of Open Raleigh undergoes construction. Who are you going to call?
- Tech Tank Article: Triangle Adds Brigades to Code for America
- Tech Tank Article: Raleigh Opens Data